Dogs Community

abscess

my dog has an small abscess on the back of her neck that broke I cleaned it with warm water and peroxide what else can I do to help heal this wound?
Good job!  You are off to a good start.  Keeping it clean is the most important thing to do.  I was told by my vet to clean a wound on my dog 3 times per day with peroxide.  I cleaned it at least that often (ok, I admit it, I was hyper-vigilant and cleaned it closer to 6 times per day) and he healed beautifully.
If you see ANY sign of infection, please take your dog to the vet asap.