A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.4k Members
17344032 tn?1455826300

can i give my dog Flucloxacillin

6 months ago my standard yorkshire terrier was diagnosed by the vet to have Bronchitis (Pneumonia) and pancreatitis
for this the vet prescribed 10mg Veraflox daily for 3 months, 2 50mg vivitonin, and 2 prednisolone steroid  daily for the rest of his life. He also has the royal caine gastrointestinal dry dog food. I buy the vivitonin, the prednisolone and the food from regularly from the vets, unfortunatly my dogs symptons have started to return As I have now spent the verylast of mysaving onvet fees for my Benji dog my already overstretched  budget just dosent allow for the very expensive veraflox, and so my question is...  Would it  be safe to give my dog Flucloxacillin the human antibiotic and if so what would the dosage be I have some 0.00 scales to weigh it out on
1 Responses
441382 tn?1452810569
I am very sorry, but we cannot advise you to do something like that.  You would have to speak with the veterinarian who prescribed the veraflox for Benji and ask him or her if flucloxacillin is acceptable for him.  A lot depends on the milligram strength and whether or not it is safe to break the pills and whether or not the pet version of the pill has something else in it since it is not formulated for humans.

Ghilly
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.