lump??

There is a lump on my 1 year old miniature pincher's head. The vet already tested it for mites and worms and now wants to remove it for $400 What is this and what should i do?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I looked at the picture.  And I am surprised that your vet did not give you a diagnosis.  I am also surprised that he did not do a fine-needle aspiration (where they use a needle to suck cells from the lump to look at under a microscope).  If nothing was found after that, a biopsy should have been performed, where they remove part of the lump and send it off for testing.  Only after all that, and a diagnosis of cancer or someother malignacy is found, should surgery be considered.  Your dog is young, and should handle these procedures well.  Your pocket might not like it, tho.  Blessings - Blu
I looked also.  Odd looking and I agree with Blu.  Not sure why the Vet tested for worms.  You may want a second opinion.