Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members

my dog has a bump

i have a mini pin and there is a bump that looks like a boyle that comes up on his back it has busted a couple of times and this stinky stuff that looks like can dog food came out of it. it never went away it just keeps coming  back and its gettng larger what could this bump be and how can i get rid of it without it coming back?
1 Responses
675347 tn?1365464245
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would take your dog to the vet and get this thoroughly treated. It sounds very much like a recurring abscess. If so, it will be quite painful for your dog. And if it keeps recurring, AND doesn't get any smaller each time....then that is beginning to get serious. You do not want this infection (if it is that) to spread through your dog's system. Maybe an antibiotic treatment will be recommended if it's an abscess.
Go to the vet. I would go either today or tomorrow.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.