my dog

my 12yrs female cross collie dog is passing a lot of wind and it really smells . is there anything seriously rong with her?

thank you
Best Answer
Have you changed her food lately?  Gastro-intestinal problems are commonly due to the digestive system 'not liking' a certain food or ingredient.  This can be caused also by people-food, treats, eating garbage, or eating dead animals.  I suggest you try her on boneless, cooked chicken mixed with plain white rice.  This is the least likely to cause her tummy problems, and may ease her gas.  See your vet if you do not see improvement within a week, and remember that chicken and rice is not meant to be a long-term solution, only to ease her belly.  Ask your vet for suggestions of a long-term diet to keep her tummy happy. :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are very welcome.  Keep us posted on how she does! :)
Helpful - 0
Any sudden change of your dogs diet can cause gas as does feeding of too many table scraps. Smelly gas is normal in dogs but if its frequent then something is wrong in his/her diet. I recommend a high protein, low fiber diet. The cheaper brands of dog food are made with alot of filler and less protein, that could also cause excess gas. Especially older dogs need a good quality dog food. Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
ty for ur answer, no i havent changed her food she as the same food and same treats for dogs. But i will give it ago i do have dry food and will mix it with her wet food. Thank you again for answering my question really do appreicate u taking ur time out to answer me
x
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community