red spots and whelps on stomach

Hello all!  I have a 3 year old lab and I just noticed that she has red spots on her lower stomach in between her hind legs.  There are also two whelps on it as well.  She has been licking the area a few times today.  Other than the licking she seems to be doing fine. Does anyone know what this could be?  Anything I can put on it?  
Sounds like what my dog gets, drives the poor little guy crazy.  It could be allergies or possibly a reaction to flea bites.  If she is licking them they are likely irritating her so you might try giving her a bath in an oatmeal and aloe type shampoo.  If that does not help, take her to the vet to have the spots examined.  Vets also offer special medicated shampoos when the natural approach does not work.  Hope she feels better soon!