Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members

stones

the vet just found 4 stones in my yorkies uerkra near the end, is there anything else besides a diet or surgery we can do to help, they did a cather andpulser only moved 1 up some
4 Responses
974371 tn?1424656729
There ate many different types of stones. Did the Vet happen to mention what type he thinks they are?  Does your Yorkie have a bladder infection?  
You need to watch if the dog is in pain, having problems urinating, etc.  I take it these are bladder stones?  They are more common then kidney stones.  It is considered a major surgery to remove them and they may become chronic.
You definitely have to watch the diet.  Ask your Vet for a recommendation on the food.  There are dog food companies that do make special diets for animals with stones! hills and Royal Canin make special diets or consult a canine nutritionist to recommend a good home made diet.  Hope all works out well.
462827 tn?1333172552
Yes, First you need to know what kind of stones your dealing with.....I think the most important thing you can do is add moisture to the diet to help keep the Kidneys & Bladder flushed....That means, only Wet foods, not dry......Karla
i have him eating Sd canine, they also have him on pain med s and muscle relaxers, which has helped him , he now can pee and has regular vowel movements, but i was told that lemon juice would help desolve them quicker, any truth to this,  
974371 tn?1424656729
I have never heard that so cannot comment.  I have heard of people giving cranberry capsules but I would run that by your Vet.  
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child