Dogs Community

stones

the vet just found 4 stones in my yorkies uerkra near the end, is there anything else besides a diet or surgery we can do to help, they did a cather andpulser only moved 1 up some
There ate many different types of stones. Did the Vet happen to mention what type he thinks they are?  Does your Yorkie have a bladder infection?  
You need to watch if the dog is in pain, having problems urinating, etc.  I take it these are bladder stones?  They are more common then kidney stones.  It is considered a major surgery to remove them and they may become chronic.
You definitely have to watch the diet.  Ask your Vet for a recommendation on the food.  There are dog food companies that do make special diets for animals with stones! hills and Royal Canin make special diets or consult a canine nutritionist to recommend a good home made diet.  Hope all works out well.
Yes, First you need to know what kind of stones your dealing with.....I think the most important thing you can do is add moisture to the diet to help keep the Kidneys & Bladder flushed....That means, only Wet foods, not dry......Karla
i have him eating Sd canine, they also have him on pain med s and muscle relaxers, which has helped him , he now can pee and has regular vowel movements, but i was told that lemon juice would help desolve them quicker, any truth to this,  
I have never heard that so cannot comment.  I have heard of people giving cranberry capsules but I would run that by your Vet.