Dogs Community

wheezing and weight loss

My 7 1/2 yr old husky has a cough that we have been controlling with prednizone for a year but now its back and he is losing weight too. He run/walks 6 miles a day and doesn't have any cough with that. I have him at the vet now doing chest xrays and abdomen xrays. What could it be?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I don't know. You are going to have to wait for the results of his tests.

It is possible the Prednisone was giving him the 'boost' to be able to cope with normal exercise, and maybe that was why he was able to walk/run 6 miles with no coughing...? But maybe underneath that, it was masking a problem which hasn't been solved yet.

I hope the results will show up something which is easily treatable, and he will be okay.....