A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
447939 tn?1235065543

white dog poop lol

im an over protective mother of my 2 yr old weimeraner!!!! jus lately she has been having white poops i havent changed her diet for a couple of months and she seems happy enough
could it mean a deficiency or anything more serious
4 Responses
82861 tn?1333457511
Could be something more serious.  White, or light colored stools mean that bile is not emptying as it should.  Bile comes from the liver, gets stored in the gallbladder and empties into the small intestine to help digest fats.  Time for a vet visit!  
447939 tn?1235065543
would she have other symptoms??
82861 tn?1333457511
It depends.  If it were due to something like pancreatitis, then yes.  You would see a whole lot of spectacular vomiting - even water.  Pancreatitis can be lethal, is extremely painful and must be treated in hospital.  That's just one example.  Of course, there could be a liver problem brewing if bile isn't being secreted and other symptoms haven't shown up yet.

How's she doing?
447939 tn?1235065543
hiya well she eatin and being her usual crazy self thanx for your advice im gonna keep a close eye on her and if it happens again im gonna take her the vets, the thing is about a month ago she had bad diahorrea and lost a lot of weight, i have changed her food to the frozen stuff we cook in the microwave mixed with a bit of vitalin (dunno if you have vitalin there but its like cornflakes) she had a normal poop last night!!!!!
im so paranoid about her i love her to bits and when i mentioned liver problems to my hubby he went crazy at me cause im so over protective BUT if anything happened to her he wud cry more lol, thanx i will keep you informed x
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child