Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community

Dizziness

I am 28 yo, 168 cm and 102 Kg with abdominal obesity.I smoked 10 cigarettes daily for 5 years and a glass of wine two times a week.My blood pressure is 125/ 85 mm Hg.  my Triglycerides was 590 mg and cholestrol 267 mg, fbs 73, ast 36 and alt 84 IU/L and thyroid hormenes normal 4 months ago. My doctor started 450 mg tablet of Gemfibrozil and 30 mg of Pioglitazone in the mornings and 10 mg of Atorvastatin (lipitor) at nights with the diagnosis of metabolic syndrome and grade I fatty liver. after 4 months without any symptomatic drug side effects, the blood test results are: [WBC:8400, HG:15.4, HCT: 47.6 FBS:91,  UREA:27, CR:1, URIC ACID 6.9, CHOLESTROL 178, TRIGLYCERIDE 242, HDL 32, LDL 88, AST 37, ALT 113, FE 110, TIBC 340, FERRITIN: 277, MG: .88, HB A1C:4.6]
One week ago, during upright posotion at home, I felt cerebral hypoperfusion for abot 10 seconds following a pvc sensation beats in my heart for less than 30 seconds. after that I had dizziness and sensation of fullness in my head and ilusion of floating without vertigo. My holter monitoring and echo and stress test were all normal. Brain MRI without contrast is normal. The nourologist started Betahistine (Betaserc 8 mg at nights) and the cardiologist suggested 25 mg of Metoprolol (Metoral) daily. The Metoral caused a fall in my blood pressure to 80/60 mmhg and I discontinued it.
Now I have the sensation of dizziness in my head, difficulty in focusing and concentartion problem. Is this start of the senario from one week ago, related to my heart or my brain? can taking Gemfibrosil, Lipitor and Pioglithazone for 4 months make the condition?
Hi Yekbuseh,

It can be very frustrating when one goes through a lot of testing and things turn up normal. I have been there and I'm sorry to hear about your recent troubles. I have a couple of questions. Have you checked your heart rate and blood pressure while having the symptoms? Do the symptoms only occur when in an upright position or are there other triggers? There are multiple things that can cause the symptoms you are having. With a little more information I might be able to help point you in the right direction.