Extreme sleepiness with pots?
I've been dealing with a form of dysautonomia since 2006, it has now turned into pots. I'm scheduled for a pacemaker right before Thanksgiving. I wear the stockings, eat salt and massive water. I have extreme fatigue regardless of what I do...no anemia...take b12, vit d is ok..but the past 6-8 months I've experienced extreme sleepiness almost to the narcolepsy degree..my life which was already fractured due to the other horrible symptoms has pretty much come to a stand still...I take Midodrine.and gabapentin for neuropathy, baclofen and ropinirole for restless leg syndrome..
Anyone else experiencing this form of sleepiness? It's like trying to come out from under anesthesia or something and my head feels strange...
I experience this! I feel like my body is so tired i could die. I know that sounds dramatic and I'm not going to die..but that's what it feels like to me. I recently watched a video about a pots dr talking about how we don't sleep well and that may be a reason why. He mentioned that our body overreacts to any stress and when we go through REM sleep our body stresses out and we wake up. He said we don't always realize it when we wake up. But, I also read how our body uses 3 times the amount of energy standing as a normal person. Sleepiness seems to be very common. it would be worth pushing to get a study done for narcolepsy or sleep apnea though just to rule those out. I'm currently in the process of getting tested for those.