Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
1.48k Members

Extreme sleepiness with pots?

I've been dealing with a form of dysautonomia since 2006, with symptoms that are ringing in the ears, Raynaud's, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea, a sensation of choking at times,but most troubling a sensation of being drunk/ dizzy...I have had high blood pressure in the past which resolved on its own. Over the past couple years I developed heart palpitations, fluttering,flip flopping etc...the past 8 months or so.. severe shortness of breath and near fainting, severe overwhelming sleepiness that is progressively getting worse, and extreme fatigue regardless of how much I sleep..this isn't normal sleepiness.
I am scheduled for a sleep study but truly feel that this isn't a sleep thing but an autonomic system thing...
Early on I was diagnosed with primary paradoxical syndrome, but was negative at a later date...I take Midodrine, (rencently started) and gabapentin, baclofen, ropinirole which I have been on these 3 for years
What is causing this is extreme sleepiness?? I cannot function...any meds or test?? I'm open to suggestions to help me function...I'm EXISTING only in my bed
1 Responses
20748650 tn?1521035811
Holter, stress test, tilt table. In that order.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.