Feeding Tubes and POTS
Hey! I have a strange question for you guys... I have noticed that multiple people with POTS have feeding tubes... (Ranging from semi-permanent to temporary.) I was wondering if any of you guys had experience with those, and if you could give me some insight into what might cause a POTSy to need a feeding tube. Thanks so much!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
4489852 tn?1375757551
I do not have a feeding tube, but many POTSies who have feeding tubes have a GI disorder called gastroparesis. This is when the intestines and stomach move food too slowly and in severe cases the stomach can actually be paralyzed. The other reason I have heard for POTSies to get feeding tubes is because of extremely severe nausea and/or vomiting to the point where malnutrition sets in and severe weight loss occurs. Hope this helps!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
OK, thanks so much for the information! I didn't really have a reason for it, but I'm really curious about anything involving POTS, soo... yeah. If anyone has any personal stories they'd like to share, feel free!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have POTS myself and it is because when you are eating a lot of blood goes to your stomach when people with POTS eat a lot of blood goes to the stomach and when you stand it falls so you can pass out from eating have nausea light headed and for a lot of people it is hard to maintain a healthy weight so feeding tubes are needed.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
Top Arrhythmias Answerers