Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Strenuous activities after endoscopic sinus surgery?

I've had an endoscopic sinus surgery some days ago. My doctor didn't gave me any specific guidance, and I've had sex with my wife from the 2nd day after surgery.
I saw some websites which prohibited patient from strenuous activities as sex, so I was wondering if it is so harmful? And if yes why? or it will just cause bleeding from sinuses?

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It is advised to avoid all strenuous activity, including sex, for one week after surgery. This is to prevent bleeding. Also sneezing and blowing the nose is to be avoided as this can increase the risk of bleeding.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life