Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Adenoids grew back post Adenidectomy - now recurrent Ear Infections and Sinus Infections in 20 yr old

Hi there

In July 08 I had my tonsils and adenoids removed after a grueling 4 months of tonisllitis bi-weekly. The surgery was a God-Send, and except for a 4 day stay in the ICU post-surgery for penumonia, I felt much better. About 6 months ago, I went to an ENT at school because I was starting to feel really dizzy and was recommended I go see him. He did a scope and saw my adenoids had definitely grew back. In the past few months I have had many ear infections (at least 4), and at least 3 sinus infections - they ususally come together.

My ear is hurting pretty badly (always my right ear) and on top of that, my throat and my tongue (strangely) are very sore. My tongue feels like there are open sores on it, but I can't find many. I was wondering if the adenoids growing back could cause me to get ear infections and sinus infections again? Post-surgery, I rarely had these problems, but now I'm having them again.

Does it make sense to see an ENT?

Thanks.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life