Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Barrett''s Esophagus

Diagnosis/History of GERD (Acid Reflux) (for a very, very long time) & Constipation (since early childhood).  Was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus last year. I do not feel burning in my esophagus or throat as long ago but I do feel pain in throat & chest pain/discomfort (since January 2014 after another surgery –removal of kidney stones) & (severe stomach and abdominal pain since last year).  After my Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Colonoscopy last year, the GI doctor’s diagnosis, Barrett's Esophagus.   Also, had polyps removed a few years back (Colonoscopy).  GI dr. prescribed Omeprazole 40 mg 1x daily, then increased to 2x daily and told me to continue/increase fiber and milk of magnesia as prescribed by GI dr. It seems to be getting worse as far as the stomach/abdominal pains.  After returning to my GI dr. this year, I was told to increase fiber, continue Protonix (new ENT changed to Protonix 40mg 2x daily), take milk of magnesia (as prescribed by GI dr.) and if pains are not better, take Hyoscamine Sulfate 0.125mg as prescribed.  I started changing my eating habits in 2011, lost some weight and bowels changed as well.  Go more frequent (compared to long ago).  The GI dr. thinks abdominal/stomach pains are from intestinal spasms and that I do not go enough.  Again, these are severe stomach/abdominal pains not just aches.  
ENT thinks throat pains may be from allergies (which I suffer from severe allergies since early childhood-present meds -Zyrtec, Flonase, Saline Rinse and Astepro) and Barrett’s.  Astepro was being used as needed in the past but now my new ENT wants me to use daily for allergies and he is treating the Barrett’s with Protonix.  The ENT used a scope to view my throat.  
I have other medical issues as well (seems systemic to me) which I will be posting in the different forums. It seems I cannot get a diagnosis from these post-surgery issues from 4 years ago (still dealing) after consulting with many doctors/specialists.  

My questions to this forum:
(1) Is there a natural way to treat/cure Barrett’s Esophagus?
(2) What are things that you are doing to help your Barrett's?  

**Have more to add to this, but this is the short version of it.
Hi, Barrett's esophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the esophagus is damaged by stomach acid. You can try lifestyle measures to help with your symptoms, this will prevent further damage to the esophagus. Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications NSAIDs, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. Hope this helps!!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life