Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Big lump obstructing ear canal and lump in right side of neck.

Please help me I am very desperate. Now this one is very strange but I am very concerned.I've got many issues on going on and weird things with my body. I've been experiencing pain in my stomach area that feels like a dull ache or sore as well as my liver area and abdomen altogether. I've got a cyst in my liver and diverticulosis but don't know if cysts can cause the pain. I'm sorry to address this first part here since this is the ear nose and throat forum.It's either dull aches or sores or really painful blasts of sharp stabbing pains in my abdomen and liver area. Then last night I was at a friends house watching movies and I noticed a hard lump in the right side of my neck right under my jaw and so I massaged it and the more I massaged it..it started to go away. After words it has been sore here and there on the inside of my throat but no more lump. What the heck could that have been? Last but not least as I don't know how serious this could be I have found a HUGE lump in my ear canal. I believe it has been due to this...I have an addiction to cleaning my ears out with cotton swabs on a daily basis. I don't know if it's me becoming OCD about keeping out ear wax or if it's that I like how it feels to clean my ears out. So i had an itch in my ear and went to scratch it to find this huge lump almost completely blocking up the hole in my ear canal. It does not hurt but it is very hard and again pretty much obstructing my ear canal. I noticed it awhile back actually but it was very minor and didn't think anything of it. Now I am very alarmed it has grown in size. My right ear is perfectly fine and it only shows me how far from normal my left ear is. I'm so scared it might be something serious and have read up on it and so far I've gotten that it could either be a cyst or a benign tumor or that there is a possibility that it could  be serious? What should be done? What kind of test or Dr. should I go to ? Would a visit to my primary care physician suffice? Blood work and a biopsy? Again there is no pain..wouldn't there be pain if it was something serious?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be a pimple, but this would cause pain.  Other causes could be due to Keratosis Obturans, sebaceous cyst or tumor. It could also be due to an infection of the external ear or otitis externa.  A physical examination may help determine the cause. If needed blood tests and X ray may help. You will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation, who may then refer you to an ENT specialist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life