Ear, Nose & Throat Community

CHRONIC BLOCKED EARS

HI I HAVE HAD BOTH EARS COMPLETELY BLOCKED FOR OVER A YEAR. HEAVY FULLNESS AND PRESURE. THEY HAVE NEVER POPPED, HAVE SEEN MANY DOC'S AND ENT'S WITH NO HELP. HAD TUBES PUT IN 2 WEEKS AGO AND BLOCKED AND FULLNESS IS NOW WORSE...HELP ANYONE. ALL SOUNDS ARE MUFFELED AND GOING INSANE!!! CT SCAN SHOWED NOTHING AND ANTIBIOTICS AND NASAL SPRAYS AND SUDAFED AND NO HELP. HELP PLEASE.
It is time to try an alternative.
Start doing the following breathing exercise daily and it will help all your ear problem.
- Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
and repeat this cycle for 15 minutes twice a day.
--
After a few days indicate how it is helping and I will suggest further breathing.Do it and it will help the body to fight the ear problem.
Have you tried benadryl or sudafed?  Sounds like a fluid problem.
Sorry to hear of your suffering.  Were you exposed to a possible allergen that you still are suffering from, like mold or dust...did you recently move?
help please!! I have had severe blocked right ear with lots of insane ringing, doctor put me on antihistamine and decongenstant, its still the same, 3days later, I cannot blow ny nows without feeling like I a going to blow my eyeballs out too, that is how bad the pressure is I would appreciate some info?
Liz

I have been through some bad ear stuff over the past years.

The worst case scenario was that I had a fungal infection and the anti-biotics they put me on actually fed the fungus making the situation worse.  I hope you go to an ENT...I had gone to regular docs and to the emergency room...they had no clue.

If it is a regular ear problem, it is probably fluid caused by a virus or possibly a bacteria....the best you can do right away is to relieve the symptoms with an antihistamine like sudafed or benadryl...

But with your urgency I suggest an immediate appt. with an ENT.

Please let me know what has happened...and best of luck to you...I know it can make you feel crazed!!
Yes, thanks, I have appt with ent next week.I will not rest until this is resolved. Where is the real "house" when you need one? I am on a zytek-d. not helping.arghhh. I appreciate your response
liz,

Great, I am sure you will get it solved...hang in there!
Thanks for all your comments... I have tryed both benadryl and sudafed on a daily basis for 5 months and no changes!!! Even been going to a homeopathic doctor 2 times a week...by the way our bill is up to $10 000, and still no solution.  Went to ENT today and he said that it is a mucus problem in the eustation tube, and no meds will help just time.  Well it has been over a year!!!!give me a break!!!
Hi, I am back, went to the ent, said there was nothing significant in my ears and nose. So a hearing test is ordered to determine if he eustatian tube is damaged. I came across a great informative website called houseclinic it focuses on ears and ear disorders. There are so many causes for ear problems, I didn't realize, but, in most cases, the tinnitis,itching,"wet" feeling is an allergic response that sometimes does require surgery. I do not believe in tubes for the ears,come to think of it if steroids can help reduce the inflamation,contrary to what I previously thought then perhaps its something to consider. Anxiety, caffeine and aspring seem to pop up as worsening the tinnitus sound. I will continue to research, I refuse to believe what doc's tell us, its definitly something to look into, x-rays,the tiny bones in the ear anything can cause headnoise. BUT I think that in my case it sounds like allergy related, still its very frustrating and only someone who has this continuous ZZZZiiing in their heads would understand. Hang in there, and don't give up
sorry, the website is houseearclinic. and OMG the thought that a tumor could be growing is just horrific.
Hi ive had  a blocked right ear  for 2 months now  have seen the doctor twice he says its fluid  and gave me a decongestant well theres no signs of improvement i have to go back he says if its no better and he will get me an appointment with ENT  but its driving me mad with
worrying whats  wrong i havent had a cold or anything it feels blocked and every noise is muffled and echoes through my head and feels like a grinding  feeling in my ear and head has anyone else had this and how long does it last ive even tried herbal remedies  but nothing works i would like to hear if nayone else has had this problem its driving me mad because im thinking all sorts of things
Your post here surprised me as I pretty much could have writen it myself as MY story - I was googling "blocked ears" when I found this site/post..  About a year ago I got a cold (no big deal, I get about one a year) but my blocked ears have never gone away.  It has literally been a year for me as well and, as I am usually a very healthy person with no allergies, it is driving me insane.  I have been to my doctor who said I might have some fluid in my ears and to try sudafed.  Used it again and again and it did not work.  Then I was prescribed flonase.  Also did not work.  Just saw an ENT doc who said my ears look perfect, I have no hearing loss and that it is just a puzzle and probably something I would have to live with.  I am not sure if I should be relieved or worried that is all looks normal.  It is maddening.  We tried those beeswax candles and are now working on more homeopathic remedies.  If I ever find something that works for me, I will post it and please, please, please do likewise if you find something that works for you as well.   Thanks!!
Im suffering from the same situation. I started with a colded,  then got blocked ears and they have never gone away. The doctors have told me there is no infection in my ears, they are just block especially the right one. The doctor said i need a operation and i've been waiting five months now. I'm going crazy because the headaches are now every day 24/7 and I feel like a chronic pill popper. The chemist even know me well now. I would love to try a natural remdie if anybody knows any please let me know. The headaches have became that bad I could properably say they are migranes. I also feel off balance like one side of my body is heavy then the other. Has anybody had the operation? and does it work?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life