Ear, Nose & Throat Community

CSF Rhinorrhea and Pseudo CSF Rhinorrhea

I suffered a basilar skull fracture and brain stem injury in 1997.  I believe I damaged cranial nerve VII as I had temporary right facial paralysis, lack of saliva, and lack of lacrimal fluid.  It took about a year for me to improve, no paralysis now, still have somewhat dry eyes and mouth. When I did get up and moving again, I noticed that my nose ran and my eyes leaked when I move, that is sweep, mop, etc.  This is also affected by heat.  I get sick in extreme heat.  My nose pours, my eyes leak ( only time they do, I can not cry tears), I get mucous in my mouth, I get a blasting headache.  I did go to Neurosurgeon and Otaryngologist to be checked for CSF rhinorrhea.  After CAT Scan, MRI, no leak was found.  I had provided a sample from nose, and no beta transferrin was found.  I was not told to keep the sample cool.  It was in heated temperatures for several hours.  I lost my insurance and was never able to follow up.  My questions are: Could the result of the beta transferrin test been wrong, due to it not being kept cool?  Could someone have CSF rhinorrhea and pseudo CSF rhinorrhea at the same time?  And most importantly, Is there any treatment or surgery if I do have pseudo CSF rhinorrhea from facial nerve damage due to cranial nerve damage?  I appreciate any help or suggestions.
I also forgot to mention I did tear my meninges, and I do have horners syndrome in the left eye, I was told from a 7 inch scar from the seatbelt that straddled my neck.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life