Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Click when swallowing

I was wondering if someone could help me.  For a few weeks now I have this click in my throat when I swallow.  Not when I am drinking water or eating, but just during normal swallowing.  It doesn't click when my head is down or up, but it clicks when I am looking straight.  If I put my fingers just above adams apple I can feel a click.

Please help me to identify what it could be.

Thank you,
B
Exact same thing for me blk133.  I also had my tonsils out and now I notice this annoying clicking on my right side.  I've been experiencing all the same symptoms.  Clicking when swallowing saliva but not eating or drinking.  Seems more prominent when my head it turned to the right instead of left. MY ENT who performed the surgury seems to feel that it's the Hyoid bone rubbing against a gland or tendon but could not answer why other than an automical abnormality.  I was taking Tylenol and it seemed to help a little as well. A couple of drinks also seems to relieve the symptoms 99% but always comes back the next morning. Guess I'll have to stay drunk!! I also found solutions on a couple of other sites  that I will try.  One sufferer said that she tried favoring the side that did not hurt for a week while swallowing and the pain went away after about a week. I guess it's the analogy of staying off a sprained ankle to let it heal. The other person performed neck excercises recommended by a physiologist.  He said the excercises completely resolved the clicking after 4 days of excercising.  Too bad he didn't leave instructions.  Anyway I'll let you know how I make out.  Please let me know if any of you come across other solutions or things that may have worked for you.

Good luck
I think it's annoying as &*(%. It sort of comes and goes, but mostly is here to stay. UCLA will do some kind of outpatient procedure that cures it.

My click is like a thump. Or it feels like my esophagus is too narrow to swallow.

Maybe it's the Lyme. You know the disease that doesn't exist, and there is no cure or test to confirm it.

My neck clicks whenever it's turned as well. Sometimes my jaw clicks making eating noisy.
i know its so annoying ruining my life
I am also wondering if this clicking in the throat with head rotation can effect the jaw positioning because my jaw started clicking ocassionally  too ever since I got this and its hard to yawn
hello...yea tmd (or as most people call it tmj which is only the bone rather than the actual condition)...well yea it *****.
i got my wisdom teeth cut out almost 1 1/2 ago and the left side of my jaw has been popping ever since. every time i open my mouth it pops...kinda hurts but i would say the migraines are worse. i get 2 almost every month. i lose all of my periphial vision in my left eye each time for about an hour before the actual migraine...it really *****
if you havent seen an ent you should

best of luck :)
I don't have any problems with my jaw so far, it's the person above your post has it.  But I still have the click in my throat.  Now that I've seen some images of throat on the internet I can tell that my click is right where they hyoid bone is.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life