Click when swallowing

I was wondering if someone could help me.  For a few weeks now I have this click in my throat when I swallow.  Not when I am drinking water or eating, but just during normal swallowing.  It doesn't click when my head is down or up, but it clicks when I am looking straight.  If I put my fingers just above adams apple I can feel a click.

Please help me to identify what it could be.

Thank you,
B
Interesting I also had a pretty radical wisdom teeth procedure done a couple years ago under general anasthesia they went in and cut out all four fully impacted teeth, dont know if that has something to do with it. Thanks for the info.
The clicking above the adams apple may be an  elongated or displaced superior cornu thryoid cartilage rubbing on the hyoid/transverse process thats what it was for me and it showed up on nuetral head turn CT scan. Hope that helps.
so after you found out about the displaced superior corn........  what did you do about it?  I mean your click is still there, can doctors do something?  Yesterday I went to the dentist and after she did the shot to make my lower right side of the jaw numb that "drug" made all my muscles in the throat very tight, it even was hard to swallow, but while my teeth, bottom lip and tongue were numb, the click wasn't there.  Go figure...
Well in my case the problem is from an elongated supeior cornu hitting the transverse process ( it is usually and elongated cornu hitting the hyoid or transverse process that creates this throat click), the surgeons think they can fix and have fixed it in the past  by trimming off the end of my superior cornu so it is not comming in contact with the transverse process. It makes sense that the clicking might stop temporarily from increased muscular tension, I too have noticed that. Thats because the tense muscles help hold the cornu in position temporarily. But its been over a year and my click is still there so I just decided to go ahead with the surgery since it is a very structurally apparent problem. I think the surgeons are right and once those two structures stop hitting eachother the clicking and inflammation will subside.  The only people I have found who know a lot about this condition are at UCLA. I also know their is a team in Utah, and a doctor in Swansea, Wales with published research on a displaced cornu. Hope this helps.
o ok. i see . sry
       I am having very similar symptons,  was wondering if you had any more info on the team in Utah?  Names which hospital would be very appreciated!!

You are reading content posted in the Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life