Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Clogged/Fullness in Ears and Pressure/Vertigo in Head

Hi everyone,

I have been having this problem for the last 4 years and still didn't find a solution for my problems. It started with ear pressure and my ears feel clogged and full all the time and I keep trying to pop them every day. I keep opening jaw and pushing through nose to try to keep them open but with no longterm success. This has been happening on a daily basis for the last for 4 years and it is really hard to live like this.

The second problem is the head pressure and these weird feelings in my head. This is something that comes and go (or is bearable at least for some time), but when it is there I feel like there is constanly some pressure around my forehead, eyes, sometime at the back aswell and in my neck. I feel a bit of vertigo and I find it hard to focus because of this (with stress it gets even worse). If i lie down I can also very easily hear my hearbeat in my head.

I have already been to multiple ENTs,Neurologist, took CT of head, sinuses, went to TMJ specialist,chiropractor,bioresonance and probably some other stuff that I can't remember now. Thing is all results came back normal and noone could tell me what is wrong with me while I know something is not right.

If someone has experienced this or found a relief or know what it is, then PLEASE help as I am desperate to get better.

TY
Has anyone found an answer for this? i also have had symptoms for nearly 2 years now, pressure in my head and ears, neck and upper back are sore and also a hot feeling around my ears and head.

I have read up on this and can not seem to figure it out. However, have seen that a spinal tap may help to solve the problem as they can test the fluid in your head for infection, disease, pressure etc i will be seeing my doctor tomorrow hopfully with some good results.

Hope everything went well.  
I unfortunately don't have an answer either. I've been experiencing similar symptoms pressure in one or both ears nearly everyday for going on 1yr 9 months now. It is accompanied by a liquid trickling feeling on the inside and sometimes a dull pain. I feel like I'm going crazy with this. I've been ton the doctors with no prevail..they can't see anything wrong. Someone please help me get rid of the constant disruption to my daily life.
I'm so happy to find this post. I also have these symptoms, except I don't have any allergy, or sinus, or nasal drip issues. I have ear pressure, and jaw pain from trying to pop my ears, and my teeth hurt. I have neck pain and stiffness, extreme vertigo, constant headaches, and I can hear my blood shwooshing in my head, and feel my heartbeat. I have brain fog, lack of concentration, and fatigue. I have seen an ENT, had a CT scan, and my ears and sinuses are clear, no issues. Diagnosed migraine and referred me to a neurologist, appt in 2 weeks. I hope we are all still following and can help each other out with our search for answers. Thank you.
Hey guys! I saw the neurologist and my diagnosis is chronic migraine. I don't know if this fits for you, but I learned a lot about migraine today. Migraine is not a type of headache, it is a medical/biological condition. Pain is only one of the symptoms. Half of sufferers have only mild or moderate pain, and half will get severe pain but also get mild headaches. Other symptoms include: tightness, aching, pounding, pressure, sensitivity, pressure behind the eyes, over the sinuses, base of the neck, also shoulders, nausea, blurred vision, thought blocking, poor concentration, confusion, numbness, tingling, vertigo, dizziness, insomnia, fainting, or stroke-like symptoms. Chronic migraine, if left untreated, can last weeks, months, or even years. I have so much pressure in my ears and in my head that I can hear my blood swooshing and hear my heartbeating. And my vertigo is off the charts. I've had just about all these symptoms for a very long time, years, and I have a headache daily, but only got severe headaches 1 or 2 times a month, so I didn't even consider that I had migraine. I thought it was sinus pressure. So, the moral of my story is that it is possible that you are suffering with some or all of these symptoms, but not have severe pain, and not realize that it is classic migraine. I have a program to follow with my neurologist and I'm looking forward to feeling better! I hope this helps someone! God Bless!
Did you find a treatment that worked? Do feel normal again??
Hi everyone, Long post warning.

I have similar symptoms for 5-6 years. I am a 28 yr old female, in otherwise good health. I eat well (mostly whole food, organic when possible, lots of green leafies, I eat meat, avoid processed stuff when possible) and exercise regularly. My symtoms: Consistent exhaustion no matter the sleep I may have gotten; also struggle with insomnia, cognitive impairment (struggle to think, comprehend, memorize, make leaps of insight, etc), dizziness, nausea, generally feeling "out of it" or drunk.  Seems like these things have just gotten worse. Back around 2000,  I had a summer when I got sick quite a bit, later saw a doctor who said I may have had an ear infection. Started to get allergies badly in college, around 2006 and eventually had tonsils and adenoid removed because tonsils would get inflamed regularly and get cryptic (pocketed) with pus. I also took a SCUBA course in 2005, no problem then that I can remember, but when I went to get my advanced open water certification, I could not equalize, bled out of my ear (I think; someone remarked that they saw blood in my mask, so maybe out of my lacrimal duct?), and since then I have noticed fullness, stuffyness in ears, ringing, inability to equalize, significant pain when trying to go even a few feet underwater. I also notice constant popping/clicking that one would experience when equalizing ears, but all the time when I chew or swallow.

Have any of you had extensive orthodontic work? I had braces, headgear, palate spreader...meaning possibly small mouth, nasopharynx, etc. It might be helpful for some to get a sleep study or investigate either sleep apnea or upper airway resistance syndrome ruled out (I do experience a slight improvement in symptoms of morning headache/stuffiness if I wear a nose strip). I hope to get a sleep study to rule these things out soon next year. If you do suspect UARS, it is important to get tested at a clinic that will somehow measure the width of your throat while sleeping; people who have UARS have a sleeping/breathing problem, but present with subclinical results for sleep apnea. Basically, you go in for a test and they tell you nothing is wrong because your symptoms don't match those of sleep apnea.

I used to get migraines starting around 2005, then lots of headaches, feeling that my spine was getting rammed up into the base of my skull. Have had chiropractic care, but what really made a difference was UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC. These DC specialize adjusting C1 and C2 (atlas and axis only). My brain stem was being pressed on. Since getting these adjustments as needed for several months, I have not experienced migraines or headaches, except for once post hand surgery (October 2015).

I have had complete metabolic panels done; checked thyroid, autoimmune factors, iron, B12, etc, etc. Nothing wrong. I did get checked by ENT after SCUBA incident; he said everything looked fine. When I had tonsils and adenoid out in 2010, ENT, did not remark on anything looking abnormal. I have had hearing tested, everything ok...I also used to get heavy and long-lasting nose bleeds from my right nostril and eventually had the weak blood vessel cauterized. Since then (or maybe before then and I hadn't noticed), that nostril tends to run a lot. Could that be linked to post-nasal drip, with a connection to problems with eustation tubes?

I have also suffered 4 concussions and was worried about brain damage or post concussion syndrome, saw a neurologist and had brain scan; nothing abnormal. However, damage from concussions DOES NOT SHOW on MRIs from what I understand. This neurologist did not think to suggest ENT or even ask if my eye glass prescription was current to address dizziness (it is not; I get a check up when my insurance kicks in in Jan '16). The neurologist referred me to get thyroid and vit B12 re-checked, and everything was normal. He thought I might have hypothyroidism because of my symptoms, plus I have poor circulation/cold hands and feet (which is also a symptom of Upper Respiratory Resistance Syndrome).

I live in Oregon; I wonder about what the weather has to do with things...maybe I'm allergic to black mold? I did notice my symptoms got worse with the weather change, but maybe I have SAD as well.

Dizziness: sometimes it does feel like the room is spinning, sometimes I just feel like a klutz. There have been times, usually when I am on the floor stretching, that the earth seemed to rock back and forth rapidly. I think that usually happened when my head was bent down.

Sorry I am rambling and not quite organized...just including details as I think of them. This really ***** guys and gals. I feel like I have forfeited my life, and opportunities are passing me by. I know I am capable of so much more, but I exist in a zombie-like haze. Oh boy, I'm all worn out typing this. I will add more later if I remember any details I left out. I really, truly hope everyone can find some relief.

Forgot to mention that I have to wear earplugs to sleep because I am so sensitive to noise. I thought that this could explain some of my symptoms but I could not find any negative effect from wearing them every night that would explain things. What do you think?
I to have had my ears blocked for 4 years, feel funny in the head and feel sick after this went to an Ent who wants me to have allergy tests. My GP reckons its from smoking but I gave it up for 7 months  and made no difference. Apparently I have very small tubes in my ears. I hope I can get it fixed its driving me mad. the funniest in the head  mainly happens in the night or if I'm looking and talking at the same person for long periods or I could be just sitting and my head goes all funny
Hi, from BC..I to am experiencing all these symtoms eccept I have acid reflex really bad.I have it anyways but that's like way up there out of control as well.but the fullness in my ears, the buzz like headaches, my neckOMG! what have we all got..
I think I have you all beat, I'm 29 years old right now and I've been dealing with the exact same thing since I was 17 years old. I can still remember the exact date started, I was in Amsterdam and I went on an amusement park ride and during the ride I could feel intense pressure in my head and I knew something was not right. After that I came back with a very bad viral infection that gave me an earache that was unbearable. I took a couple of antibiotics and the pain went away. Soon after that I had fullness of the head ears and trouble hearing for one year straight. I gained 80 pounds because I was so depressed I couldn't do anything. The head pressure and confusion, vertigo etc slowly diminished, in its place came ear fullness that lasted 7 years or so. Came down with a cold about 2 years ago and experience intense intense intense ear pressure and fullness, that would not go away for 6 months. I was doing everything you could think of. Then I started treating myself with mucus thinning medicine that took the pressure away by 80%. Since then I've developed a brand new symptom a severe case of post nasal drip, that literally is there every time I swallow. If I ever throw up I will literally throw up two or three cups of mucus straight. My throat hurts, my ears feel like they're being pulled every time I swallow. I have a very dry nose but a very lubricated throat that hurts from all the mucus. It's good to hear that I'm not the only person dealing with this. I have no medical insurance so I've never had the chance to go to the doctor about this. Except when I lived in Canada for the first two years of my symptoms, all CT scans and MRI came back clear, they just said I had a minor sinus infection. Longest sinus infection in history!
Several sound like meniere's disease which is my problem. Some don't. Read up on it, and see what you all think. It's a miserable experience and has lasted 12 years (so far) in my case. Seems worst during winter months. The pressure and ringing in my ears can make daily interactions near impossible since I can hardly hear (amazon sells bioflavonoids which has helped A LOT with the ringing aspect and made it so I can function, but I only found this in the last 2 years, I will never be without them again). Sometimes taking an antihistamine will help reduce the vertigo long enough for me to get somewhere to sleep through the worst of it. When this first started, it could come on instantly, the world would spin so much I couldn't stand upright let alone function. Really scary to have happen when driving. There are some suggested assists for the symptoms, but no real cure. The only thing is surgery which can cause total deafness (not interested), and even then the symptoms could return in time. I have tried the low sodium thing, thought it was helping until I had an "episode" with no change in diet. Stress can add to it at times which just compounds on itself since it stresses me when these episodes happen. I know it may not help a whole lot, but try the bioflavonoids if you have the ringing, those that they work for will love them. It's not what you all want to hear, but that's all I've found through the years. I don't drink alcohol, so that wasn't an issue, but I read that can make it a lot worse on the vertigo part (for obvious reasons).
Hi all,I have all the same symptoms & was diagnosed with benign positional vertigo about 15 years ago. I've also got multiple autoimmune conditions. But I had so many crazy symptoms that I also had all the specialist testing etc..., turns out my diagnosis is LYME DISEASE PLUS COINFECTIONS. It's gotten into my nervous system. Plus Epstein Barr Virus - this can be the root cause of many peoples' health problems (as most people have had it).
If you have any fatigue along with your symptoms, I recommend getting checked out for bacteria like Lyme (which is a type of bacteria and mimicks almost 400 different conditions). I'm in Perth, Australia - a place supposedly where you don't get infected...but so many people do! Just an idea...
Ps. There's actually a Nobel prize winner at the university of western australia who discovered a cure for tinnitus. Google it if you need treatment. Good luck to all & my thoughts are with u xx
Pps, I'm not sure if all the symptoms you all mention (head pressure, dizziness, ringing in ears etc)  which I have also are Lyme related, but just thought I'd mention I get these particular symptoms badly during humid summer stormy/overcast weather (in Perth, that's January)... My anxiety increases also.
I try dehumidifying the house with aircon, massage my head & even try a bit of stretching/yoga/movement & then relaxation.
I have it right now and I'm trying to remind myself that it has passed in the past, so this too should pass. I hope it does soon!!'
Sorry to read all your symptoms..
very similar to mine..
I found this site because of my ear clogging issue.
If you have something called 'spontaneous intracranial hypotension', you will have all those symptoms. Symptoms may be relived by resting in bed, including ear clogging. The condition is caused mainly by CSF leak, and the site of the leak may not be found at all. (by CT, MRI, etc).
If your symptoms get better with a treatment called 'blood patch', most likely you have the leak. You may need more than 1 treatment, or you may need to actually go for CT of spine with contrast to find the site of the leak. I've already got 2 blood patch and the condition got better but it seems like the leak did not get healed..I am getting most of symptoms back..
I am debating whether to go for further testing or not..CT of spine with contrast is pretty invasive procedure; you need to get injection in the spine..
But meanwhile, lot of drinking water,  bedrest..

Hope you mention this condition to your doctors and find a right treatment for you..Intracranial pressure is measured by spinal tap..usually done by a neurologist or anesthesiologist..

Good luck everyone
Hey all, I also suffer from clogged ears and facial pressure~! This is the 2nd winter in a row. I can not find relief either; I have am continuing to try Medi Rinse, Nasonex, Mucenix, Sudafed, Allegra, steam and facial massage. I can breathe through my nose just fine, but I feel like the far reaches of my sinus cavities are blocked and nothing is reaching it. Massaging across the forehead and cheeks and from the bottom of the ear down the front of the neck to the collar bone helps sometimes. Oddly, as someone else mentioned, I was also a pedestrian struck by a minivan about 10 years ago and have had neck shoulder issues since. I think the cranial fluid passage ways could be the problem, but I am not up for anyone touching my spine. :) Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. Mona
I cannot believe I found people with the same symptoms I have. Going on 7 years now. Sorry for your pain but so glad to know that I am not alone. Has anyone thought if our pains and symptoms could be related to sleep apnea? My GP seems to think so.
Hi all, my husband has many of these same symptoms. He has been diagnosed with otitis media with effusion (glue ear) and mastoiditis.  The OME means he has fluid behind his eardrums. Over the years it has infected his mastoid bone, the pourous bone behind the ear. A few years ago his ENT cut his eardrums, vacuumed the mucous out and put tubes in so the ears could drain the fluid out when it builds up again. This relieved he pressure. He has allergies and GERD which both contribute to the fluid build up. He also has eustachain tube dysfunction which makes it hard for the fluid to drain thru his eustachain tubes thus the need for the inserted tubes. It's an ongoing battle but the tube have provided a good amount of relief. He has changed his diet to eliminate processed foods and sugars and lowered his caffeine intake. We also drink kombucha for the prebiotic aso well as other fermented foods. He exercises, stretches , and massages the effected areas everyday. Sometimes when he stretches he feels relief in his ears. Hope this helps.
I had my vit d...and b-12 blood tests, great numbers.  If  not in the sun at least 10-15min. per day--vit d is lacking, as we age & where we live. I live North area. I take vitamin D3--(MUST HAVE 3 AFTER D)
1-2,000 units per day.  I also take Nature Bounty's Liquid B-12--5,000mg every day...grown children & g/kids also. (like the shots) My primary is Hopkins Doctor--I use to go for b-12 shots until I found liquid form at drug store. Dr. said, that's fine, tests proved it works. We release b-12--so there is no harm, he commented. One's white count can be off if b-12 is lacking. Happened to friend--very scary--she's now getting taking b-12 shots... liquid does same job. I'm proof.
I wish every day some one person finds help...I feel worse, every day-nothing helps, meds, drs, name it.
Hi, I've been struggling with this same problem for 4 months now (19 year old Male) and I'm actually really concerned from seeing all these comments about it being able to last for years... So long story short: I made an awful mistake of taking bunk ecstasy ( I'm pretty sure they were bath salts) and went to a festival last October. I'm from central coast Cali but the festival was in southern Cali and all the symptoms started right after. Whatever drug I took basically completely depleted my immune system and I was dancing on a lot of girls while in the middle of a ton of people so I'm 99% sure I have a nasty infection. I smoked a ton of cigarettes at this festival to calm myself while rolling so I'm sure that had a huge part in it. Anyways for 3 months after that i smoked a lot of weed and tobacco together plus i smoked wax every once in awhile because i had completely given up on trying but smoking only made things worse. I had extreme eye pain (+light sensitivity) and ear pain (+sound sensitivity) with so much pressure in my head I heard crackling/snapping noise in my head and my ears always needed to be popped. Like you, nothing appeared on the ct scan and doctors just presumed it was the ecstasy and it was just a phase but they were wrong and gave up on my problem (Never admit to taking drugs to your doctor). I got my eyes checked out and all the ophthalmologist said was my eyes were swollen so he gave me steroid eye drops to stop the swelling which helped but i could feel the eye drops burn the back of my eyes...I had really bad tinnitus and vertigo so my primary doctor gave me amoxicillin but that didn't do anything. I had all these symptoms in both ears until I did some research on building my immune system. I quit smoking completely about 2 weeks ago (weed literally fries my brain for some reason and i used to be a huge stoner) and I've been on this Immune System Boosting diet for 4 days:

Low Fat Oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast (No sugar Green Tea) (1 plain Garlic clove)

No Fat Yogurt with strawberries for a snack

No Fat Tuna sandwich for lunch (No sugar Green Tea)

No Fat Yogurt with a kiwi for another snack

Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner (No sugar Green Tea) (1 plain Garlic clove)

I call this diet "R.I.P Taste Buds, Hello Immune System" and the goal is to avoid Saturated/Trans Fat but heat up the Green Tea just before boiling point otherwise I believe it doesn't work as well and drink milk to chase the Garlic cloves. It is also essential to workout daily. This diet ***** so bad but i couldn't imagine going through this pain for years and you get used to the diet, you will never get used to the pain.... I've also started using Fragrance free body wash, shampoo, lotion etc. because fragrance usually has a petroleum based ingredient that your immune system has to battle (I might just be allergic). In the past 4 days the vertigo and tinnitus in my left ear completely went away and in my right ear it severely died down, I feel a lot better and happier despite not being able to eat anything good but it is completely worth a shot. I was unable to get out of bed for a solid week and when i finally was able to I felt very fatigue but now i have so much more energy and am able to work a lot harder. Hope this helps because I've been searching for answers for awhile (awhile for me at least) (:
Also to add my vision has gotten way more clear. I was basically almost blind for awhile.
Another thing I forgot to mention is for the bread on the sandwich it has to be whole grain, look at the ingredients and it needs to be "whole grain flour" otherwise it may not be actual whole grain. And I take fish oil 3x a day, calcium 2x a day and a multi vitamin 2x a day.
I too have had these symptoms for many years, at least 5.  And it's getting worse as I'm getting older.  (I'm going to be 51 in a month).  I would get horrible migraines every month for the past year, 18 to 20 times in a month.  They have been helped by going to a Orthospinologist.  Now I still get them, but more like 5-10 times a month.  I've seen a TMJ specialist who is making me a dental guard to wear at night as I have a tendency to clench my teeth.  At the TMJ dr, he found that my air way tubes in my throat are very thin, and feels I might have a sleep apnea problem.  When we talked about this, I found that I really do have all the symptoms for it, so will schedule for an appt. to have this checked out.  I also have my ears plugged 24/7 and almost daily a burning in the upper part of my nose, that switches sides constantly.  I'm always plugged up and have seen allergists, just to be told that I have an over sensitive nose, so it just closes off.  (So most of the time I have no sense of smell).  I've tried to unplug my ears by holding my nose and blowing, but this does nothing.  And I have to admit all these problems have made it hard to concentrate and always feel a bit foggy.  I've also seen sinus specialists while in full blown sinus symptoms, but the scans come out showing no sinus infection, which is why antibiotics in the past never helped.  Spraying salt water in my nose helps a bit, but doesn't get rid of the problem.  All of this has effected me drastically, as I love to ride motorcycles and I have a horse.  Haven't been able to do either for 2 years now because of the virtigo and light headedness.  Just too dangerous. I've also seen an ENT specialist, and all is ok.  But yet I'm not ok!  This is driving me crazy, as I can't live a normal life like this.  So really understand all the pain from everybody else on here.  Hoping someone will find some answers.  :)
Hi i sympathise with you completely. In 2001 at my mother in laws funeral i felt aware that my left ear seemed over sensitive ti noise and it the only wsy to ckear it was to sniff or bend my head forward. Then in 2004 i woke up feeling really dizzy i thought i was dying. The doctor told me it was labyrinthitis and that it would go away. Scroll forward to 2016 i have permanent vertigo on my right side which after numerous trips to ENT im told its bppv and its not "serious" i also have a plugged up feeling in my left ear which i can never seem to clear, i also have fluctuating noises whooshing sounds in my left ear. In my right ear i get strange fluttering sounds which sound like a butterfly stuck in my ear.  This affects my whole life as i cant bear to be in a noisy environment because i cant hear my own voice and its very uncomfortable. Also the vertigo affects my job and my social life. All ive been told is to have the epley manouevre for the vertigo and steroid nasal spray for the ears. I am desperate for answers to this as i feel there is definately something thats causing all this. Its very reassuring to know other people also suffer from this. Sorry for the long winded comment.
One more thing that I think has helped with lowering my migraine problems is I did discover that my hormones (50 here, lol) were completely out of wack!  I go to a Nature Dr for this, as normal Dr.s have not been able to help me in the past.  I also have an adrenal fatigue problem, that my ND has been helping me with.  So bit by bit I am finding some of the reason for my problems.  Just have to keep going and searching.  Don't give up people and don't let any Dr tell you it's all in the head.  Been there too, when I needed a hysterectomy a year ago, I had seen 4 OBYGYN specialists, all telling me my problems were in my head.  The last one saying I needed to see a Psychologist!  The 5th one finally took me serious, operated and I have a DVD of the operation to prove all the problems I had going on inside.  It was NOT in my mind!  So do not let anyone bully you with this!
It's completely gone now if you do what I said in my previous comment it'll work for you to.
Are you still on the diet regime?
I'm on a different diet for bulking now. but i maintain some of the foods from the one i mentioned before
Google "cholesteatoma"
A lot of info. on the net.
ENT specialist may not pick it up, it can be hidden behind drum. Can cause fullness as you described,vertigo, dizziness.
Don't do the tubes. I am having the exact same symptoms as the original person who posted and I tried ear tubes. It ended up making my vestibular symptoms much worse. I know that it links directly to the ear tubes because I had a huge amount of vestibular dysfunction (dizziness, imbalance, etc) right after having the ear tubes put in. The vestibular symptoms subsided a little but never went away. Then after a year of having them in, I had my Neurotologist (balance specialist) take the ear tubes out and my balance and dizziness issues went out of control again. I also have positional headaches as well and my doctor said it could be related to a cerebrospinal fluid leak. It can cause the pressure feeling in the head and ears, along with the tinnitis. That leak could also be causing the post nasal drip as well. It can be diagnosed with a CT cisternogram. I'm just too chicken at the moment to do that test so trying to evaluate all other options first.
Hi, i know this is a years late post so I really hope you have gotten a diagnosis and relief since 2012. But just in case you are still searching, you could research pseudotumor cerebri also called beneign intracranial hypertension & IIH (idiopathic intracranial hypertension).

**DISCLAIMER**Im definitely NOT a physcian. However, I was diagnosed with IIH and I experienced similar symptoms (and others like visual blackouts and blurry vision) that got progressively worse. I finally went to my opthamologist who saw that I had optic nerve swelling (papilledema) and suggested that i could possibly have IIH. Subsequently, I got a MRI and went to a neurologist. I searched for a neurologist that had treated IIH before. It took months to get in so while I was waiting for my appt to come up, i lost weight and did what i could to help myself. By the time I saw my neurologist, my pressure headaches had subsided completely but i still had the fullness and ringing in my ears. The ringing went from beating/whooshing sound to a low ringing from time to time. My optic nerve swelling has improved with wt loss & treatment but i still have ear fullness esp. When lying flat. I really hope you've gotten the help you need because those symptoms are no picnic to deal
with. Take care, Cici

with. Take care, Cici
I had/have low vitamin D levels (cant afford to get tested again).. and I too am experience sinus pressure, pressure in my forehead.. pressure in my ears,, like it was fluid, my whole head hurt and felt like i was getting a bad headache and i literally never get headaches ever. I then felt like i was going to pass out. It happened right after i jogged up and down this hill. Im starting to wonder if the low Vitamin D is linked.
Get your B12 levels also tested .Have sunlight daily .One more suggestion is to do alternate nostril breathing .Do it slowly with the feel .
Try Epi Maneuver. Look up on youtube. Might seem silly but it saved my life! Your neurologist can do it best but you can also have a friend do it stay sitting up for quite some time after you do it.
how are your headposition and overall body posture? If you neck is not in alignment with the spine it can affect pressure in the ears. Try do a quick research on proper neck posture and compare it to your own

maruzza2
I have the same problem and think I have solved it. Basically I was keeping the air too hot in the summer and this was causing high humidity in the house.. the hight humidity cause my sinuses to inflame and infect.. so I hired a company to take humidity away from house (250 dollars) . I then bought a hair purifier (makes ozone disinfects viruses and bacteria) (120 dollars) . Now I keep home at constant 76 F in the summer and will buy a small air dehumidifier for the summers, just in case. I also read that latest research links high humidity to sinus infections, ear are connected so then we get vertigo!!!!! I understand how you feel have had vertigo a few  times and it was the scariest thing ever.. also look on Google research connecting high humidity to sinus and vertigo problems and good luck! Maruzza2
I feel like a walking barometer. The last 3 days this week have been terrible. I need a dry stable climate, I think.
Hello

I also have this problem or something similar

It's like there is a clogging or build up in my left ear behind and against the eardrum, similar to having my ear covered or a finger in my ear, it results in

-much lessened hearing with lessened ability
-hearing internal movements a lot more such as breathing, talking and blood flow
-unprompted momentary bouts of dizziness
-a general sense of clumsiness or imbalance
-and of course from these effects come frustration and without a proper diagnosis comes confusion and helplessness, which combined leads to depression, etc.

It's almost like theres wax in there but it's not wax, and if I could just get some warm water in there to melt and flush it out or twist and tilt my head a certain way to drain it, but unfortunately it's still there

I have tried the following with no success

-ear candling
-cotton buds, rolled tissues, and all kinds of ways to try and clean my ear
-depressurising and internal throat and nasal manipulations
-swimming in waves at the beach seemed to help because the water pressure of being dumped by a wave seemed to correct it but it was also painful, this was only temporary and the mysterious affliction soon returned

I'm 41yo
I recently quit smoking approx 3months ago and was smoking 3-5 a day for 25years
I recently had my gall bladder removed approx 8months ago
I have another probably unrelated symptom of dermatitis around my calves and ankles, also around my eyes

I do have a very minor increase in symptoms when there is an increase in moisture in the air either from rain or humidity however it's so minor that I believe it's just me noticing it more because I'm stuck in the house instead of busy doing stuff
I have not tried medication yet
I have not been to see anyone other than GP's, GP's just subscribe it to Tinnitus or Menieres and say there's no cure
It's been presenting now for approx 3months, starting in August 2016

I think we can use this forum to collate our similar symptoms and attempted cures and figure out not only what our health issue is but also a remedy

Let's work together and figure this out
The internal feeling of being clogged or blocked is quite internal, not just inside the eardrum, it feels like it is almost at the back of my throat or in a small pocket or sinus, inbetween and slightly superior and posterior to the centre of my ears, occasionally I hear and feel a little bubbling or gurgling noise like a stomachs gases moving or a bubble of air escaping to the surface from air trapped underwater

When this release happens the symptoms decrease and I gain relief

This small internal space I feel, that feels like fluid and gas are trapped there, it feels only tiny, like maybe 0.5-2cm wide only
My ears and head been clog for two weeks I get dizzy my left ear got noises in it it making me nerves
I would also suggest to get Vit B12 and D tested . Use Vit B12 tablets and get some early morning sun .Use saline spray.I had similar symptoms as above  but under control by following above.Do you have acidity also .Control acid reflux .
Your solution seems quite valid to me cause I am having the same symptoms and have been diagnosed with very low vitamin d and b 12 levels. And yes I also suffer from acidity. Currently taking the supplements and hoping these will ease the symptoms.
Try the Black Seed Oil cold prased it helps!!
My mother had pluged in ears preasure in head for 10 years and with gods help we found the BLACK SEED OIL COLD PRESED and it helped the very first time she took it!! Try it hoop it help you all!!
I have the same issue too! I live in Toronto, Ontario and my symptoms are more severe in the spring and summer. The heat or humidity or air pressure must contribute to it. In the Spring/Summer I have both ears blocked or one ear blocked constantly. Feels like I need to pop it but nothing relieves it. However, end of November my symptoms completely disappear until the following April!

I saw an ENT specialist and had a miremgotomy performed without the tube insertion ( they just poke a tiny hole in your eardrum) to relieve any negative pressure that may be built up behind my ear but unfortunately it didn't help.
Hi, I have been having the same problem going back to the 1990"s and have all the medical testing that many have mentioned here plus more. (The Grand Tour), Today I was on youtube and came across a video that actually seems to help relieve alot of the pressure in my head, neck, forehead, and so on. The name of the video is (Absolute Best TMJ Treatment You Can Do Yourself for Quick Relief)  and the name of the Chanel is  (physicaltherapyvideo) This is a quick relief video and they have a long term treatment video also called. (TOP 3 EXERCISES FOR TMJ- Temporomandibular Joint Pain/Disorder). I hope this helps someone. I just tried this less than 30 minutes ago but it's the first thing I have ever found that had any positive effect.

I live in London, England and I have been having these symptoms for the last two months - "swooning" feeling in my head.  Pressure behind my eyes and in my temples and across my sinuses and feeling tired all the time, despite sleeping a lot. My eyes feel as though they are not focusing properly, despite a "better than 20/20" eye test last week.  Feel as though my right is needs to pop.
My doctor has been treating me with Betahystine for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, and I've had the Epley Manouver done a couple of time, but its not helping.  Some days are betting than others and the symptoms are less severe than others but I just feel so ill.
I felt better for a week, while lazing around on holiday in Greece, but have relapsed after a few days trying to live normally again now home.
A different doctor has now prescribed antibiotics "in case an infection is causing it" and has referred me to an ENT consultant, but the first appointment is nearly 8 weeks away.
Most recently, I have had numbness and pins and needles in my forearms, hands and fingers, especially on my right side.
I am feeling very scared and emotional......
Slightly reassured that I'm not the only person feeling this, but not being diagnosed with a reason for how I'm feeling.
If anyone gets a diagnosis for their symptoms please share!
Very similar symptoms here, still searching for the answer 5 years on :(
How are you getting on?
Hi there.  I had this problem myself.  For me, it was inner ear tube dysfunction.  Eustachian tube dysfunction is the name.  I suffered for a good while.  Here is what helped--  sounds weird but relieved my symptoms after a few days.  Hold your nose, blow.  Your ears will pop.  do it over and over.  It's called a reverse ear pop and an ear nose and throat doctor told me to do it.  It helped tremendously.  I now only occasionally have flair ups.  In those cases, I take psuedophine.  This is harder to find and you generally ask a pharmacist for it.  It's over the counter but now controlled because it is one of the ingredients used when people cook drugs.  Don't let it scare you.  When used once in a blue moon, no big deal.  Taken by mouth and not cooked.  ha.  Anyway, I bought a box 2 years ago and still have all but a couple of tablets.  I took it when going on a plane because I was afraid of ear issues recurring.  But it makes me feel better to have it in case of a major flair which for me leads to major vertigo.  Anyway, hope this helps.
Hi. I have similar. Look up binocular vision dysfunction. My eyes while tested normal at eye doc with further exam where not syncing up right. I am doing treatment now with prism glasses and nasal occlusion tape. It helps. I found it is US thru searching vision therapy. Hope it helps!
Hey, I'm currently having the same symptoms. What was the problem? Please reply
Yes I have also been having these symptoms Now for 2 months it is so dehabiltating. Anyone have any answers? I am due for an MRI soon.

My neck always cracks and and brings on a nausea feeling and vertigo also.
My wife has struggled with “clogged” ears, vertigo and hearing loss for 15 months now.  We’ve been to ENT, Neurologist, Primary Care, Headache specialist, and now to an Integrative Health Specialist.  He believes that she has Lymes Disease.  We have not done the blood test that confirms Lymes (and the coinfections) due to the cost but will be doing it soon.  Best wishes to you all - from a hubby, I know it tough to see my spouse suffer and not have relief and I can’t do anything for her either.  Sometimes it seems like weather triggers an episode...sometimes we feel it is hormonal...but it is never consistent.
My issue is triggered by changes in weather.  Am guessing it has to do with air pressure.  I keep my clogged ear issue at bay by a few things---  I will take an OTC antihistamine such as Claritin.  It helps and I take it when I go to bed.  I do reverse ear pops (hold nose and blow, your ear will pop), I chew gum and I will once in a blue moon take pseudophedrine during the day.  I have not had a bout of vertigo in a very long time thank goodness.  Hope your wife finds help.
Hi been in the same boat for 6 months now can manage with Serc but not without it
Been to ENTs Neurologist physio Chiro ...my neck n shoulders trouble a lot
Would like to hear more feedback if anyone has found a permanent solution
m
Whatever this is we are all experiencing some real uncomfortable issue. I've been dealing with right ear pressure and crackling. Entire face pressure. Eye pressure that I get a strange relief by squeezing my right carotoid artery. Wtf is wrong with me? I push myself everyday and fake life. I literally feel like my head is gonna blow off daily. Any have suggestions?
I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease (with many of the symptoms everyone is listing)...but I did find a way to stop the vertigo.  I visited a nutritionist who told me I was gluten intolerant (I also experienced heartburn, stomach pains, etc)...once I cut the gluten out of my diet, my vertigo disappeared.  My stepmom had sent me an article about food allergies and vertigo, so that is why I decided to see a  nutritionist who did testing.  So for those out there who might be looking for an answer, you might want to see if you have any food allergies...it can affect yours ears, not just your GI tract!
Also meant to add, whenever I do cheat and eat gluten, I definitely notice it in my ears!  I don't experience vertigo unless I've eaten gluten!
I have the same exact problem no clue what to do head sinus pressure vertigo comes and goes sometimes tingle in hand feet if u find out anything let me know ill do the same for u
I’ve have what I think is sinus pressure in my face and forehead, I feel tingling sensation on the top of my head (like the feeling of getting the chills, but on my head), sinus headaches, eat pressure and crackling soiling whenever I chew or swallow,and dizziness for almost 6 weeks now. I’ve been one antibiotics twice to treat a sinus infection, but neither helped. My dr told me to take Claritin for two weeks, and if that doesn’t help she will send me to an ENT.  I cannot stand the dizziness more than anything. I want to feel better but don’t know how to shake this. I’ve never had sinus issues before,  if this is really all it is I can’t believe how miserable it can make a person feel! Any suggestions on what can help dizziness from ear fluid/pressure would be greatly appreciated!
Hello. I just came across this site and I see many of you have posted as early as 2012. I pray you have all found answers to your problems. If not, i will briefly share my journey which started in 2001 at 42 years old and I finally got solid answers in 2016. Shame on our medical community.
SEPTEMBER 2001: I discovered while showering a large round welt/hive behind my left armpit. No itch or pain. Within hours I felt like I was getting the flu (?) but no cold symptoms. Aching and weird sensations all localized to my left side radiating out from my left arm. I was in great shape/excellent health but I thought maybe I was having a heart attack (I had all the signs) so I went to my doctor that day. I was told I had a virus and to go home and rest and the "hive" by my armpit was unrelated. I questioned if it could be Lyme disease and she laughed at me. (I lived in CT).
By the next morning I couldn't stand up without passing out. I called the doctor on call and he told me to go get blood work that day and prescribed doxycycline. 2 days later he called to say I tested positive for Lyme, instructed me to take the doxy (for 3-4? weeks) and I would be "good to go". I went on with my life.
NOVEMBER 2012: I was showering and felt something "pinchy" behind my right armpit so I jumped out of the shower looked in the mirror to discover a tick embedded under my skin. I called my then-current doctor and he prescribed doxycycline but within 1 day I was itching all over with a full body rash. He said that was all he could do for me. I never went back to him. I tried to self treat for Lyme with potent natural remedies as I had stopped using western medicine over the years. I was "doing well" relatively speaking, so I thought. Over the years I had many odd health issues and went to many doctors including primary care, ENT, neurologist walk-in centers and hospital emergency rooms all who told me there was nothing wrong with me and I should calm down and enjoy life. I was just getting older and should accept my body was changing. How can you do that  when you go from feeling healthy as a horse to experiencing:
-raging headaches,  
-numbness and tingling in my legs, feet, hands
-intense itching up and down my shins
-odd sensations across my face like it was going numb
-hearing my heartbeat in my ears mostly at night but sometimes during the day
-whooshing sounds/ringing in my ears when lying in bed at night
-bouts of vertigo
-panic attacks
-sinus issues
-the "flu" that would last for only a day or two.
JUNE 2016: I had just returned from a very busy few days in California  and was feeling run down and exhausted. I stayed home from work for a couple days to shake it off and ended up flat on my back for 3 weeks when my boyfriend finally dragged me kicking and screaming to the walk-in medical center nearby. By now I didn't have a primary care doctor as I didn't trust any of them. None of their diagnoses were correct and none of their poisonous medications worked long term. The walk-in tested me for the flu, mono and Lyme. The first 2 were negative and the Lyme was positive (new bands, new bite). The very next day I was sitting in a Lyme specialists office. I have been undergoing treatment for the past 2 years with my practitioner in CT. I've since moved to Arizona to get away from the cold weather which makes my symptoms worse. Trying to kill off these parasites which have taken up residency in my body over the years has been a daunting task. I am treating this time around completely holistically and I plan to win. My doctor gave me choices and has guided me in my options. I still have a long way to go but now I have answers to my strange symptoms. I'm not old (almost 60 but still in great shape) just sick with Lyme. Please don't believe the antibiotics can kill the parasites. It can only temporarily weaken them. Then they make babies and find new places to hide in your body. They create a biofilm around themselves which is difficult to break through. Read. Educate yourself. Feel free to contact me. I'll help if I can. I pray for all of you that you will find answers. I hope you don't have Lyme but always explore that option if you don't have answers. God bless.
Joyce
Hi Joyce can you please email me at ***@****. I may have Lyme's disease!
Hi GigiB1968
I was away for a few days so sorry I didn't reply sooner. Your email address gets blocked when posted. Not sure how to connect directly. I'll look into this to see how.
Joyce
Yes. Its lyme. I have it too. Babesia is worse.
I lost my hearing one my left side completely. With tremendous pressure and tinnitis, It happend sporadically over a year with feelings of thick mucus, I realised just a few days ago that it had started about the\ time I was using glaucoma drops. Despite the doc fearing I would endanger my sight I stopped the drops the blockage cleared within hours - getting better all the time. My hearing is back to normal after two days. Pressue is gone. Life is great  
Lyme disease, I have it!
I recently posted a question on here (sensation of fullness in ears) and when coming back to check for replies noticed this thread which I can definitely relate to.

I struggle with depression and anxiety both of which are due to personal issues with work/life and which are at least affected if not also caused by this medical issue. Trintellix and clonazapam perhaps reduce the feeling (or maybe better worded reduce any other headaches etc in these regions and help relax me) but do not seem to make the symptoms go away. Stress does make things worse but that goes for almost every disease and i have a hard time believing stress is what is causing these issues (although my doctor seems to think it is in my head...).

My main symptoms are fatigue, a sensation of pressure in the ears (although I can relieve the pressure using valsalva etc so don't believe it is a real pressure at least not in the ear cavity), my left temple region in specific has some weird symptom of almost skin tightness or someone lightly touching it, left eye sometimes feels like it has minor pressure behind it, left scalp sometimes feels odd like someone is touching it and at times has twitched. The ear issue affects both ears but temple/scalp issue is always left side only. As others have mentioned I sometimes feel like I have trouble focusing my eyes although I do decent enough at eye test (can focus, it just feels like I have to try to do so at times, I do have a minor prescription which means vision has degenerated since laser eye surgery 7-8 years ago). Optometrist did a field of vision test supposedly tests for pressure on optic nerve but it came back fine although the test seemed a little questionable to me. One other potential optical symptom is aniscoria although this is fairly common and minor in my case, the weird thing is that I do not remember ever noticing it until the past year or so which is during the time my other issues/symptoms have developed.

When I first talked to doctor about plugged ear feeling he looked in ear saw it has fluid in it and started me on nasal rinses. Have done nasal rinses for months now, tried nasal steroids, gone to an audiologist(hearing and tympanogram were normal). Believe it is better now but still feel the sensation most days in varying levels. Exercising can set it off and is the one time i can start to feel vertigo(if i exercise really hard sensation will build up and no amount of moving jaw, pressure equalisation etc will provide relief and this is the only time i have ever felt dizzy but it has happened a few times now).

I have never considered myself to have allergies but in fighting with this stuff I felt like at least some of the symptoms were allergy related. I started taking antihistamines(claritin) and leukotreine blockers(singulair) a couple weeks ago and found some relief but mostly to symptoms of nasal congestion, scratchy throat and sneezing. I stopped taking them for a couple days and symptoms were worse so seems to be some correlation but hasn't made the ear or temple stuff go away. I haven't played with the mediciation enough but am guessing it is the singulair that helps me more then the claritin. Have talked doctor into seeing an allergist, still waiting for appointment.

Doctor thought maybe it was something related to a TMJ disorder. Have had chiropractor help stretch it out, was tight at first but since has loosened up. Pops every once in a while. When I move my jaw i hear kind of a squishy sound especially on right ear not sure if that is normal or not. Saw a dentist who did some tests and checked teeth for signs of clenching and grinding, but only minor signs of clenching, no sore jaw muscles etc was determined TMJ disorder was unlikely (unless is a style that doesn't cause tenderness in muscles or messes up tmj movement which is really all that has been tested for).

I have been to a neurologist, appointment was mainly to review hand tremors(have had them for years now) he came to same conclusion as previous neurologist, essential tremors. He wants to send me for a head ct for these other symptoms but that hasn't happened yet.

So in short I have tried months of nasal rinses, nasal steroids, anthistamines, leukotreine blockers, antidepressants, benzodiazepines, tried taking more vitamines (b complex, vitamin d, calcium/magnesium, omega 3 and others), blood tests for most of the normal stuff, been to an optometrist, dentist, audiologist and now neurologist. Have only seen minimal improvement. Hoping the ct (might opt for private MRI first) will show something.

There were some more options listed in this thread (Lyme, Meniers, migraines, intercranial hypertension) which i haven't considered/looked into and will do so, thanks for others sharing their results.

Between this and the stress from work I have barely been able to function so I hope I find some sort of solution/relief because I do not believe I can keep up my stressful line of work while dealing with these health issues. Hopefully others are finding answer too and will share them as they do.
I would recommend the Epstein barr virus panal bloodwork done, I also just had a sinus cyst removed in surgery ....I have hope it improves, I used tea tree and olive oil drops ( 8 drops olive oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil in my ear last night and today ...blessings!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life