Ear, Nose & Throat Community

DEVIATED SEPTUM .. NEED ADVICE

I went to the doctor a few months ago due to my nose is crooked on the one side and looks what appears to be a deviated septum. This has been crooked for a while however I am only just experiencing symptoms such as not being able to breathe through my nose at all. When I breathe through my nose it makes a snorting noise and feels like there is a lot of phlegm stuck in my throat. I cannot really taste/smell much. I went to see an ENT specialist who gave me nose spray for another 3 months to use and told me if this doesn't help I would need my adanoids (I think that is what they are called) taken out. I am 99% I need deviated septum surgery but no one is really helping me and I am getting upset it is taking so long to help me breathe and sort out my crooked nose which I am pretty sure is the problem.

Has anyone been through similar before and can offer advice???
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life