Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Dizziness, Heart Palpitations and general Tiredness

Hi all. Im 31 and normally in good health. Started out as a normal cold just coughing and generally feeling bunged up. Then one night I got severly dizzy and my heart started pounding out of my chest. It only lasted about 30 seconds but was a terrifying experience.

I put it down to being unwell and not sleeping/eating properly. A week passed and it happened again. It happened 4 times that night and I checked into the hospital as I was so worried. They said it was probably my ears and to go doctors. Doctors found fluid in my ear but didnt prescribe anything and said it would go away on its own. Its been a month of dizzy spells, heart palpitations and feeling like im going to pass out. Does it sound like anything more sinister other than an inner ear infection?

How would I know if it's a heart problem or brain issue? It happened again today. Could feel my heart fluttering all morning and then I have another dizzy episode this afternoon. Any information would be grateful. Thank you.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life