Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Dripping feeling in head

I am a 21 year old male, otherwise healthy.  Every time I lay flat on my back, after a few seconds I get this strange, somewhat painful "drip" feeling somewhere in the left side of my head.  Then, if I flip over onto my stomach, after a few seconds again, I'll get the "drip" feeling in the other direction--again, it is somewhat uncomfortable.  I don't think it has anything to do with my sinuses.  I don't have any drainage from them and haven't had a sinus infection or anything recently.  I first noticed this dripping feeling about six months ago, but kind of forgot about it until recently.  It's been a few weeks now that I've been more actively noticing it.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar to this?  I'm worried that it has something to do with my brain, though, of course, I would be much happier if it was just some sort of sinus thing.  I can't really think of anything else in one's head that would allow for such a "dripping" feeling.  What do you all think?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be a post nasal drip, which could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life