Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Dry Throat

Hi, I've had a dry throat right at the back behind my tongue, kind of on the roof of my gum and around the adams apple part. My voice has been fine but it seems that when I wake up and after strenuous exercise it is at its worst in that i almost (although never actually have gagged) but whilst i'm outside or throughout the day when I'm out of the house I am absolutely fine. I don't know if it is an allergy or something more serious, I visited the nurse about it at my institution and she said it looked inflamed like maybe a throat infection. I am a healthy weight and fit and do not have any history of diabetes in the family so I am unsure what I should do or what you people think it is, It seems to be better than from a few days ago ?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life