Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ear Infection?

OK the past day or so I've had this issue with my ear and throat on my left side. Shortly after breakfast I noticed a very sharp pain in the left side of my throat. Sort of felt like I had something sharp (like a chip) stuck in my throat, yet whenever I ate/drank/coughed, nothing would happen. Shortly after that my left ear started getting painful as well. Often it is very itchy inside and doesn't stop. The pain in my throat is constant unless I put pressure on my ear (like itching it), and I'm starting to notice a feeling of sort of fullness. I've been having a really bad headache off and on since this all started. Is this something serious like an infection or something basic like wax build up? If so, what can I do to fix this if anything?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life