Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ear Problem

I have had 3 months of retracted eardrum and no infection. Hearing muffled and echoing and now the swishing sound has gotten worse. I had a cold/virus/flu 3 months ago and it started, then another or the same 1 month ago. My doctor says it will open (my ear) and that there is no infection or fluid in ear. It sounds like rushing water. I have been excersicing and living normal, because my doctor told me too. I was sitting in cold draft about 2 months ago. What can this be? Can a virus create such horrible problem?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life