Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ear canal collapsed?

Hi there, sorry for the slightly dramatic question title, although I'm afraid I have no better way to describe it. In my right ear, my ear canal feels as if it has shut, which reduces my hearing completely. I have to forcibly pull my ear canal open in order to regain some form of hearing again. Should I be concerned by this? It's a really laborious process to open the canal and can take up to 15 minutes, with a hot flannel etc, as I have to manoeuvre the canal so it is in a certain way, allowing me to open my ear again. I'm a bit worried at how temperamental my ears have become. Anyone experienced this or have any advise for me please?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life