Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ear infection

In late October I had a nasty cold which complicated into an ear and sinus infection.  I had severe ear and facial pain (thick pale green nasal discharge, no fever, earaches, tooth and jaw pain, swollen lymph nodes in neck). I went to a doctor and she prescribed me three cycles of antibiotics through November and December to help clear it up (Zithromax, Ceftin, and Levaquin).  It was a pretty tough infection.  Strep test and X rays tested negative.  White blood cell count was normal.  They ran various comprehensive tests and I tested negative on them.

I was then diagnosed with Otitis Media with Effusion after the infections cleared up.  I had to constantly pop my ears.  It felt like I was constantly on an airplane.  The doctor said to "wait it out" because they usually clear up on their own over a couple months.  A hearing test was ran--I had no noticeable hearing loss and never complained about ear ringing.

Fast forward to three weeks ago.  My left ear no longer pops, but my right ear did.  Then I started getting sharp jaw pain.  I also developed a sore throat (no cough, fever, or pleghm).  My right ear got infected again (very sharp ear pain) but I decided to wait a few days before going to the doctor.  Overnight, the ear infection cleared up, but the lymph nodes under my jaw are swollen and painful.  The skin above them is a soft pink.  I still have the sore throat.

Questions:
Why do I have a sore throat when my other respiratory things cleared up?  Could it be another isolated infection from something else?  Or could it be the fluid draining from my ears into my throat?  Should I go see the doc again or should I take her advice and "wait it out"?

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life