Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Feels like a sore at back of throat - recurrs

Hi, a question on behalf of my husband.
He has a sore area at the back of his throat, or more like behind his tongue at the back, which is unreachable and can't see.  He says it feels like a mouth ulcer, but recurs every few months in exactly the same spot.  It feels sore, uncomfortable, inflamed and difficult to swallow.  Very uncomfortable.

I have given him anti-inflammatory's (Sandoz Ibrufen 400mg) which has helped a little, but still there.

Is there anything else he should be doing? Would slightly overweight and snoring at night have anything to do with this?

Many thanks!
Jenni
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life