Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Food stuck in throat or feeling of that for a month, started with a choking incident.

On July 13, I choked on a piece of cracker. I got it up but ending up in the ER because I still felt like I was choking. The ER physician said it that my throat had been scratched. And to put benadryl in Maalox to numb the area. By the next morning, I started having episodes of my throat swelling. This caused three trips to the ER and three EMS visit. One PA said it was a throat infection with pus and prescribed  Amoxicillin(?). Others strongly hinted that was caused by anxiety. I was also given Xanax and two Prednisone tapers. Will I do not have the throat swelling anymore. But now when I eat any near solid, I feel like it is stuck in my throat. Yesterday, I had soup with noodles. About an hour, later little pieces of white stuff floated up to my mouth. Very small round pieces. I am wondering if the physician assistant called it correctly. And that it was a throat infection. I stopped taking the Amoxicillin after a few days when the others said it was in my mind. But now I know that something gooky is where he said he saw it. I also have swollen glands under the arm on that side.Mucinex seems to bring up mucus from that side of my throat also. I hate to go back to any drs. because they think I am nuts. But I have lost weight because I cannot eat. Any help or insight appreciated.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life