Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Hard lump behind ear

Hi, i have a lump behind my left ear its hard and its sometimes accompanied by severe headache, nape pain, and nausea. I know that lumps behind ears are supposed to be indicators of infections and that its probably a swollen lymph nodes. But i just find it odd that every time i suffer from from severe headache its getting bigger and harder and always with the symptoms i mentioned above. Does anyone know what this mean? Thank you.
Hello there,
A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and treatment of your condition. The common causes are enlarged lymph nodes, sebaceous cysts and mastoididtis.One of the most worrisome cause of a lump behind ear is cancer. Pain relievers, antibiotics and antiviral medication help treat and relieve the symptoms of swollen lymph nodes. Sebaceous cysts occur due to swollen hair follicles or skin trauma.Mastoiditis will be accompanied with fever, ear pain, hearing loss and ear redness. These are only a few possibilities. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Do get evaluated by a doctor .Do keep us posted.
Best wishes and regards!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life