Ear, Nose & Throat Community

I am tired of the fullness in my ear

I am a 50 year old male with intermittent/ mild tinnitus and slight fullness in my right ear since January.. With the death of my father on May 6, 2016 the condition got worse.

I have tried Zyrtec, neomycin ear drops, amoxicillin at first.

I woke up one morning and  I suddenly developed a sensation of fullness in my R ear and ringing.
( low pitched roaring sound).Nothing that preceded it as far as I can tell. No colds or infections or anything. There was no vertigo. I am able to pop my ears, but there is no relief. My hearing doesn't seem to be affected, although the sound of my own voice has a strange echo-quality to it on that side of my head. Even my own voice sounds muffled. It's autophony (the loud, echo-ey hearing yourself speak).

It feels like when you go to a concert or when you go on a airplane. I could hear myself talking or hear an echo. Outside noise is amplified and it would make me hear drumming sound in my ear.  Insomnia because of ear.

The first ENT doctor

-took ear wax out
-place me on Flonase Nasal Spray 50 mcg
-did hearing test

His Dx:  Eustachian tube dysfunction

Second ENT:

-took ear wax
-did hearing test
-short dose of prednisone
-MRI which was normal
-Blood work which was normal
-recommend i see a recommend  Neurotology

His Dx: Meniere's Disease

3rd ENT/Neurotology
-place on presidsone

His Dx: Atypical Meniere's Dx/cochlear hydrops

I am still having problem..the fullness is horrible

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life