Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Immovable, growing lump on back of neck

Hello - I am 36/female.  I have been sufferring from many weird symptoms of severe, intermittent, left-side neck pain that feels almost like someone is yanking out a big nerve or something (instead of like a muscle pain).  I also have a strange, vertically elongated kidney bean sized 'lump'? on the left side directly under the skull.  This lump was the size of a baby pea about 2 years ago.  I was told my the doctor 2 years ago that it was probably just a lymph node and not to worry about it, however with the onset of this strange neck pain that is more towards the back of the neck I wonder if it is getting in the way of something.  I talked with my Dr. and they sent me for a carotid doppler that came out normal but nothing to look at the lump.  I have a PPO and wondered what type of doctor I should go to see that would maybe do a more thorough examination of this type of stuff.  I also have major confusion, headaches, lack of concentration, self neglect, excessive and uncontrollable hunger, disturbing (to me) personality changes (I used to be nice and love people, now I can hardly stand them, everyone annoys me for no reason, etc.) but figure maybe I have some kind of mental illness since a plain CT scan showed nothing abnormal looking in my head.  Several types of psychiatric meds have been tried with no improvement.  Help, feeling very hopeless.
PS - I also get a weird hearing problem lately where i lose hearing and get a ringing sensation in my left ear as well but it goes away after 15-20 seconds or so.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life