Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Knot under jaw, swelling/spots back of throat, swelling under tongue

About 2 years ago I noticed a knot pop up under my right jaw bone. I thought it was a swollen lymph node, and it only really hurt when I swallowed and would start swelling back up every couple months on and off. Recently the knot had been swollen up more, I can always feel it, but it will swell up bigger when I am eating at times. Along with that for the past couple months you can see a sort of swelling or lumps and redness  in the back of my throat ( I don't have tonsils) but that is also on the right side. This hasn't gone away at all, even when my throat isn't hurting. I also have swollen glands under my tongue that sometimes swell more and hurt when I eat. My family doctor has put me on two antibiotics, and I did test and was treated for type C strep, but no swelling went away after that.
Not sure what you are trying to ask, but it sounds like it could be anything from a blocked saliva gland to something more serious. Hope you get your answer from your doctor soon.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life