Ear, Nose & Throat Community

LUMP BEHIND EAR

CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY IDEA AS WHAT IT COULD BE

Can you please elaborate your symptoms. It is difficult to help you out with this minimal details.

regards
OHNS2010
thank you for replying its a hard lump just down the side of my ear ive no pain but my ear feels blocked sometimes and whistles regards sabrina196

If the swelling is inside the canal it can be exostosis causing blockage of the canal. If it is below or behind the pinna, it will be an inflammatory lymph node which is commonly noticed in case of minor infections.

Better you can get an FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) done to know what exactly is that lesion.

Regards
OHNS2010
thankyou for reply i will go to doctors to have it checked and lrt you no thanks again regards sabrina196
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life