Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Laryngospasm

I recently had a bout with Influenza A (despite getting the flu vaccine) which was pretty severe; about the second or third day, I began having episodes of "choking" in which my throat suddenly closed up, keeping me from breathing in (at all, at first; then I could with stridor; it resolved after a minute or two). With  research on the internet, I determined this was laryngospasm or an involuntary sudden muscular contraction of the vocal chords. I read in one article that it could be related to the flu in that this virus can actually "denude" the outer tissues of the laryngx, making it sensitive.  Because I never had this before and haven't had it since (only when I had the flu), I tend to believe this theory and attribute it to Influenza A (rather than think it's a vocal chord dysfunction).  Should I look into it further?  Thanks for any insight you can shed on this mystery.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life