Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Left Sided Toungue/Ear/Neck Pain

I have the most pain under the left side of my tongue that radiates to my left ear and the left side of my neck. I think it might be a swollen gland because I can feel the swelling under my tongue and when I put pressure on my neck, right under my jaw, I can also feel swelling on the inside. There is no visible swelling or bump you can see on the exterior, but I can definitely feel it. The pain in my ear is more achy and annoying, but the pain in my tongue makes it hard to eat and talk. As far as I can tell,l there is no discoloration nor sores in my mouth. It's been like this for about a week and I've had it before, but not for a while. It seemed like I used to get this about once every month and it'd last about a week or 2. I don't know if this is my body's way of fighting off infection or if it's something else? Maybe R/T teeth? It's definitely distracting, painful, and baffling. I am an 18 year old ,average sized female, never been hospitalized or had anything more than a bug. Thanks!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life