Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Lump behind my neck and cheek

I have a lump behind my neck under hairline and another one on my cheek.. They are not painful. I found the one on my neck while I was showering while the other one was when i was scratching my face. I found them two months ago. they didn't change in size or appearance. I want to know what is wrong with me. I'm getting really worried now. Should i ask my mom to make an appointment with my pediatrician?? I'm 17 by the way.. I have a history of urinary tract infection.. I had it twice, the latest one was 2 years ago.. I don't know if that can help..  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The lumps are unlikely to be related to urinary tract infections. The 'lumps' could be sebaceous cysts, acne, lipoma or lymph nodes. They could also be herpes infections, yeast infections and infected hair follicles. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and fever it is most probably an infection. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life