Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Lump in Throat

I think I have a lump in my throat. It is above where the collarbones meet and below my voice box. I am continually catching colds and now I am sure I can feel a lump there. I have a constant feeling of choking and feel the need to cough. I smoke and I am scared to death I have cancer. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what this might be.
Sounds like a goiter or a thyroid nodule. Still man go see a doc to be sure. He will probably stick a fiber optic looking tube down your throat to check it out, very painless.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life