Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Lump in neck

A few days ago I noticed a lump slightly smaller than a pea on my neck right under my chin about half an inch from the midline of my neck right under the skin.  It seems to have gotten a little bigger after agitating it but I could be wrong.  Just today I started to get soreness on that side of my neck when pressing my fingers up under my jaw.  I am a 22 year old female nonsmoker and I would just like to know what this could possibly be.  Thank you!
Usually it is normal if it is pea sized or smaller and yes it will get bigger if you irritate it. But if it does not go away in 2 weeks after you notice it go in. It is best to find these early just incase. I also have a lump but mine is the size of a grape and I am in the middle of getting many tests done. Best of luck to you
I just posted a question on Dec. 11-2006.  I think it is a good idea to have any lumps in the neck checked.  My daughter has a lump and after many test and many weeks later, it was diagnosed as a cyst.  She is due to have surgery on Jan. 8th.  Please get it checked. Take care....
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life