Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Lump in throat

Hi All

I am new to this forum and was in need of resolution as I have been dealing with this issue for over a year now.  It seemed like it started when I got a nasty head cold last April and I haven't been the same since.  Every time I swallow, I feel like there is something there.  At first I thought it was just phlegm from my sinuses which I suffer from also so I medicated with my sinuses remedies only to no avail.  I was scoped and had the barium xray only to find that I have a mild case of acid reflux but doc doesn't seem to be too concerned that this is what is causing my issue.  I've tried all the OTC acid reflux meds only to find out that they didn't work either.  I have known benign cyst under my chin that now I'm wondering if they have grown and that's what is what I'm feeling.  I go see a new ENT August 7th in hopes he can finally get to the bottom of it all.  I've read everything there is on lump in throat but nothing I've done seems to be working.  I can't even make it go away for a little while even. Suggestions??

Thank you all for listening and thank you in advance!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life