Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Lymph node in neck behind ear

Hi all,

I am a 23 year old female. About 3 months ago, I noticed a lump behind one of my ears. I believe it is my lymph node. The lymph node is not visible, but i can feel it with i press down on it.
It is hard. It feels almost like a bone or muscle, but it is circular so I know it cannot be either one. It does not hurt. I roughly measured it and it is about 2-2.5 cm in diameter. I NEVER remember it being swollen out of my neck to the point it was visible to the eye.
I am not sure if it has been there longer than the 3 months, but that is only when I noticed it.

The only thing I can think of is my oral care.
I have a lot of dental care that needs to be done. I had a root canal done a yr ago, that still isnt done (needs to be capped) and it is on the same side of my lymph node. I also have another root canal that needs to be done.

Is dental care a cause for posterior lateral superficial cervical lymph nodes to swell. I am assuming it is this lymph node that is swollen cause I looked at pictures.

thanks in advance
A lymph is probably the most likely cause, but oral problems don't drain to this group of nodes.  Obviously this doesn't help you much, but I would advise to see an ENT doc for a possible biopsy.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life