Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Lymph nodes

As strange as it sounds, I hurt one of my tonsils while I was eating a "nacho" six months ago. The wound got infected shortly after (it turned white), so I visited the doctor, who gave me antibiotics for a week. Both the infection and the wound cured properly (even though that tonsil still has a different shape now); but, since that happened I've kept having throat problems.

Two lymph nodes, at both sides of my neck are swollen and they hurt usually (the pain alternates between both); I have some weird feeling when I swallow (as if something which is swollen in my throat drags a bit, or something like that); and my ears hurt from time to time as well.

I visited the doctor a few weeks ago, and he gave me antibiotics again, but they did nothing. I have dust mite allergies and I often have symptoms, if that's relevant at all.

Does anyone find an explanation? How can it be all related?

Thanks in advance!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life