Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Meniere's Diagnosis

I don't have a question, just a comment. I was diagnosed about 10 months ago with Meniere's, and my ENT put me on Lasix and a low sodium diet, 1500mg per day. He also put a tube, yes the kind they put in kids ears when they have an ear infection, and it has given me my life back at least 85%, The tube only stays in about 5-7 months, I am told, but well worth a try! I haven't had a big vertigo episode since, just little movements in my head, especially in the mornings. I think it is well worth asking your doctor about.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Good to see you are doing well. For Ménière disease you can take preventive measures to avoid or minimize attacks and consequences of attacks, like reducing salt in diet, reduction of stress, quit smoking and avoidance of exposure to loud noises. Also, I would strongly caution you not to drive or operate heavy machinery while dizzy as you might injure yourself or others.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life