Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Mysterious ear problem.

I am a Bass Singer for a touring group and depend on my ears to make a living.

I want to preface my issue by stating that my audiometry tests are off the charts good. I hear very, very well.

BUT.... I do have a problem. Whenever I am listening to the radio or tv or even someone talking, there are certain frequencies that incite a static/crackling like noise in my left ear. I havent pinned it to a particular frequency yet, but do know that upper mid frequencies seem to be the ones that do it most. It isnt a constant thing, only happens when I hear specific frequencies..

I dont have any pain in my ear, but I have found that when I go swimming , I seem to have a big problem with pain when I go below say 6 feet... It never used to be a problem before.. some sort of Eustachian problem???

I also get this feeling of my ear "pressurizing" when I bend over (only my left ear) ... it isn't painful, this issue..but it is a major annoyance. again, my hearing is fantastic, but this crackling/static/pressure feeling is not normal.

Oh yeah..my ENT looked at my eardrum..totally normal. Professional Audiometry tests revealed very, very good hearing.
I cant deal with this forever...i am a muscian!

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life