Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Nasal problem that ENT can't figure out

Three months ago I had what I figure was a sinus infection that my gp doctor did not treat. The sinus infection cleared up on its own but for three months now I have had a problem with my sinus/throat. It constantly feels like there is mucus above my throat (between my nose and throat). I constantly snort to try to clear it. It doesn't help. I try to hike up mucus but there is nothing. When I cry or have used a saline nasal spray I can spit out a clear mucus. This is causing me anxiety attacks. I went to an ENT who did a CT scan and all he found was the turbinates were enlarged but he did nothing for that but give me nasocort (which is not helping.) I am miserable. The mucus is not in my nose. It is between my nose and throat. He is sending me for a barium swallow and allergy tests. He doesn't seem to have any idea what is causing this. Has anyone else had symptoms like this. I am at the end of my rope with this.
Hey VondaSP , I was reading some post earier and a guy said that his ENT did a" reverse sinus flush " on him . From between the nose and throat area  out thru his nose..
sounds like that might be what you are needing.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life