Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Obstructive sleep apnea

We have been searching since my son was 7 months old for reasons, answers, and treatment for my son's obstructive sleep apnea.  He was born with cleft lip and palate.  His palate is still open and will be closed next month, which could make is apnea worse.  He is on an apnea and pulse ox montior.
I have made a short video of him sleeping.  He has had a broncoscopy, which should 20% smaller lower airway.  I am sure you get many questions about apnea, but I am desperate for some direction.
The only time we have seen an improvement is after he had a g-tube placed, but 4 months later seeing the problem again.
This video can be found at www.wesweb.blogspot.com

Gina
My boyfriend was born with a cleft palate and had some surgery as a child.  When he started staying over my place I noticed the sleep apnea immediately. He has a CPAP now but when he's on his back I still observe lots of instances of apnea.  How did your son make out?  Do you know of any doctors or treatments?  He's 39 years old and has high blood pressure now too.
Melissa
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life