Ear, Nose & Throat Community

PRE-OP PROCEDURES FOR STAPEDECTOMY PATIENT

I am a male, aged 67 and cheduled for a Stapedectomy (Otosclerosis) in September.  Although I am almost 100% continent after a prostatectomy a few years ago I am concerned that I may need to "pee" during and after the surgery while in recovery.  Is a urinary catheter normally used for such a surgery or should I request this from my ENT surgeon?  Thanks.
Hi, for a stapedectomy surgery, usually a urinary catheter is not inserted. If you have problems with incontinence, you can request your doctor for catheterization. Good luck with your procedure. Regards.
Thank you.  I will address the issue with my doctor a few weeks before the surgery.  Thanks, again.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life